Geoff Rivell on 13 Sep 2004 18:55:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] ACT! - was critique

On Monday 13 September 2004 01:26 pm, Howard Bloom wrote:
> Act! Is a contact manager.  It is not a mail program or just an address
> book, but a very complicated tickler system to keep information about any
> contact right in front of your face, and the ability to schedule.  It ties
> into Outlook but could replace outlook completely as it has its own mail
> client built in, but it won't filter messages into folders.  It is now
> running on SQL where it was running dbase foxpro before.

I've never used it, but it sounds like Kontact would be what you want.  It's
in KDE 3.2 and higher.  Has "postit notes" "contact list" "e-mail" etc.

Kontact and KOrganizer might have all you need.

The KAddressbook component of Kontact has places for notes, etc.  KMail has
filtering.  KOrganizer has scheduling, etc.  And Kontact itself has post-it
notes.

Have you tried these out yet (KDE 3.2 and above)?