Howard Bloom on 13 Sep 2004 19:04:02 -0000

RE: [PLUG] More critique of Linux desktop

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org
[mailto:plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org] On Behalf Of M.Simons
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2004 2:45 PM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: RE: [PLUG] More critique of Linux desktop

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004, Howard Bloom wrote:
> My problem with windows is how fragile an OS it really is.  Not so
> much on the server side - as I build damn good hardened Windows
> Servers, but more so on the desktop.
> I have reinstalled my Office Desktop 4 times this year.  It took me a
> while To me, Linux offers more stability and that is important to me.
> It is certainly stable in the server realm.

So then, in essence, what you are saying is that Windows isn't ready for the
desktop.
--
TT

That would be a fair assessment.  Windows is a poor quality product that can
be taken down with the adding of one program.

It is fragile.

It is also the lesser of two evils at the moment.

I am willing to be "of the body" and become assimilated - just not now.

Howard