Rebecca Ore on 15 Sep 2004 16:49:01 -0000

Re: [PLUG] rp-pppoe and Verizon DSL

On Wednesday, September 15, 2004, at 11:35 AM, Art Alexion wrote:

I guess what you are telling me is that my IP-Masq project is a waste of time at these prices...

As a learning exercise, learning how to do IP masquerading and setting up a firewall/router that you can configure yourself isn't a waste of time. If you want to just get the network up and running, there are off-the-shelf hardware solutions.

Having more control over your firewall is a plus (I've been tempted to put my SS5-170 into play as a dedicated firewall once I get another cdrom drive or take the time to set up a net boot/install from either my Mac or the Linux machine).