cms on 7 Oct 2004 12:36:05 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Home Networking Questions/Solutions

On Tuesday 05 October 2004 19:16, John Sladek wrote:
> I think your drawing looks fine. You could pick up a Linksys wireless
> router and put it in whe you show the wireless access point. You would
> pretty much be running two different lans....

Will this be an issue if I using DHCP? In other words, will the wireless
access point be able to get multiple IP addresses from the wired router, to
assign to whatever machines connect to it? I would imagine this is a feature
of most wireless routers/access points.?.?

> I initially owned a standard linsys router and then I upgraded to a linksys
> wireless router. I daisey chained the two routers and everything worked. I
> admit there was an issue with access to a couple shared printers on a
> windows box that I didn't initially consider.

Thankfully I am not using any other devices, such as printers and USB storage,
so I need only worry about connections for two computers, a PC and a laptop.

TIA

Chris/CMS