Paul on 11 Nov 2004 23:29:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] ogg support

Geoff Rivell wrote:

On Thursday 11 November 2004 03:25 pm, Paul wrote:

I know about installing CODECs. But, like you, I don't own an OS X
box. Also, my WinXP and Linux systems have been able to play OGGs for
so long, I'm not sure exactly what I installed to get them to work.
(Well, I know I installed a CODEC for WinXP, but I don't remember the
exact file that I used.) I'm just looking for current info, especially
for the Mac.

Plenty of OGG support on OS X. And of course ogg support for Linux on PPC :)

Did you have to install CODECs? I was told I would need files from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=41359

At this point I'm think of just posting the OGG files with a note about what to do if they don't play. And that would be, e-mail me! How can I guess which OSes and media players everyone will be using? They will have to tell me. I mean, I will post the CODEC for Windows and state that it *should* just work under Linux. For Mac users, I'm still unsure.