Paul on 12 Nov 2004 15:04:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Revisited, Large Wireless Network on the Cheap

Paul wrote:

Jason Costomiris wrote:

Given your choice of router - have a look at tinyPEAP..

http://tinypeap.com/

I wrote to the developers and I was told how to restart tinyPEAP so that other devices can use the router as a RADIUS server! "Right now, the GUI does not reflect all of the options available in the server, so this task will have to be done through the shell at the moment. First, you must take the server out of "Embedded mode" by restarting the server without the -E flag. This will allow packets from clients other than itself. Second, you should edit the peapd.conf file and change the shared_key password field to a new password of your choosing." Things I never thought I'd be able to do with a soho router.