mmalten on 14 Nov 2004 16:44:02 -0000

[PLUG] Linux tools for technical writing?

I know that in the Windows and Mac worlds, technical writers use tools like FrameMaker and MS Publisher.

Now I exorcised Windows from my computer as soon as it came into my home, and I have LyX, openoffice, abiword, which I've used happily, and other tools such as lout and scribus are also installed.

Can anyone on this list advise me as to what tools are preferred for technical writing in the Linux world? I asked a technical writer about TeX and lout and she looked at me like I *was* a lout.. <rimshot>

Thanks in advance.