Tom Diehl on 20 Nov 2004 19:58:02 -0000

[PLUG] Re: DSL she no go...

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004, Doug Crompton wrote:

> Well if anyone knows of a third party other then Verizon, who has access
> to RT's for data, I would like to know about it. Under current regulations
> Verizon has no obligation to allow access and they also have no obligation
> to provide DSL at RT's. This allows them a 100% monopoly of DSL at RT's
> but their RT DSL coverage is minimal at best, so that does them little
> good. Go figure. Both Comcast and Verizon could use some new marketing
> skills!

As suggested below, have you talked to dca.net? They have access to verizon
facilities but act as your isp. Although I have never used them personally
I know people who do and are happy with them. Because of their semi-unique
arrangment they are able to provide DSl service when no else but Verizon can.

I have been told that if verizon offers DSL service there is a good chance
they can also. Again I have never used them myself but IMO it is worth calling
them if you really want an ISP other than Verizon.

Regards,

Tom