Doug Crompton on 23 Nov 2004 06:02:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Re: DSL she no go...

Well I took the advice and went to DCA net. So far I am told by their
tech rep that the order is proceeding. I am not getting excited because I
have been through this before! When I questioned the tech about service at
Verizon RT's he asked me what an RT was! Not a good sign.

He did say that ALL DCA DSL is static IP. They will supply one static IP
for $44 - 3 MB.

I did not question if this is PPOE. If it is, is this a problem when using
servers?

They need my MAC address. Why is that? Security? What if I change
hardware? Am I down until I get a hold of a tech? I am not sure at this
point if I am using a router front-end or Linux router so I guess I have
to decide.

Doug

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004, Tom Diehl wrote:

> As suggested below, have you talked to dca.net? They have access to verizon
> facilities but act as your isp. Although I have never used them personally
> I know people who do and are happy with them. Because of their semi-unique
> arrangment they are able to provide DSl service when no else but Verizon can.
>
> I have been told that if verizon offers DSL service there is a good chance
> they can also. Again I have never used them myself but IMO it is worth calling
> them if you really want an ISP other than Verizon.
>
> Regards,
>
> Tom

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *