George Gallen on 22 Nov 2004 20:25:04 -0000

RE: [PLUG] Philadelphia Wireless Project

Title: RE: [PLUG] Philadelphia Wireless Project

has anyone determined if citywide usage of the wifi would
have adverse effects on non wifi products, such as wireless phones
and garage door openers or anything else in that range?

Or will it affect home wireless networks as well, how hard will it
be for 20 people to run a wireless network in their homes, as well
as having the boxes outside all competeing for frequencies?

I'd be really curious about this one....

If cellular phones in certain areas are affecting the EMS radio system,
would this frequency usage have ANY effect on that system, or their
  backup system, which uses a lower frequency system?

How far through brick walls will these signals travel? Is this mostly
for outdoor usage? Will indoor be possible?

Should be interesting to see how the equipment will hold up to the
temperature changes, both the high and low. Or if someone takes out
a unit (either by theft or other method), how much of an impact will
that have?

"Excuse me....Ma'am, Could you please stop using your microwave! The
neighborhood is having trouble downloading!"

George