Paul on 9 Dec 2004 15:00:04 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Re: what is the best way to bulk email 2 million opt in email addresses?

James Kelly wrote:

Paul wrote:
| It is arguable that the Post Office, paper manufacturers, printers,
| advertises, etc., are all benefiting.  But, when is the last time you
| told a Postal worker to give up their salary for the ideal of having
| less junk show up in your mail box?  The problem must be corrected at
| the source.

Huh?  He isn't the postal worker here.  The postal worker in this
analogy is sendmail, postfix, or qmail.  I don't blame the postal worker
for doing it's job.  I blame the person at the source, as you said.  He
works for the spammers.  End of story.

(I'm glad I put that last line in there about the source. I almost didn't.) The source are businesses and policies that enable them. Change things at a high level and businesses might pay employees to engage in more honorable pursuits. Until then, we can continue to argue while the system continues as is.