Dan Widyono on 24 Dec 2004 03:41:25 -0000

Re: [PLUG] File system problem

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 09:10:53PM -0500, Art Alexion wrote:
> Now getting the following message with apt get upgrade
[errors...]
> Does that help?

Ouch.  That doesn't help.  Although it points to "downgrade" :)  Of course
the samba issue was a security fix but perhaps that security problem doesn't
affect you so you could downgrade just to make sure it's not the new version
of samba that is broken.  Or, it could be that somehow apt screwed up the
installation of some updates, and now some/many files are in a bad state.  I
am an RPM + YUM person myself, on Red Hat and similar systems.  Thus, I can
not help you extricate yourself out of your apt + ubuntu quandry.

FWIW, in yum, I usually never do yum upgrade, almost always yum update
(similar to using rpm --freshen instead of rpm --upgrade).  I don't know if
apt maps similarly.

Good luck and I hope some apt person (hee hee) can help you more,
Dan W.
--
-- Daniel Widyono             --
-- www.widyono.net            --