mdbarlow on 29 Dec 2004 18:14:05 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Tis the season for computer buying?

Prices seem kind of high right now.  I would definitely start looking now and watch prices.

I picked up an almost equivalent system mid january last year for $500.

almost equivalent meaning, AMD, with 40g hd instead of 80g

This was an off brand(Staples).  I am very satisfied with price and performance.

I know a guy that just picked up a Dell similiar to yours for $500 complete.

These deals seem to never pop up when you are looking. They just fall into your lap.

I usually check Staples, TigerDirect, Aberdeeninc.com, Microcenter(sometimes something pops up).