Geoff Rivell on 31 Dec 2004 04:14:29 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Tis the season for computer buying?

On Thursday 30 December 2004 03:32 pm, Jason Costomiris wrote:

> Even without the KVM, it's a fine price.  Give OS X a shot, and if you
> don't like it, load Linux (YDL, FedoraPPC or Gentoo).  Apparently
> Debian runs on the PPC as well, though I've never tried it myself.
> The only bummer?  The AirPort Extreme cards still have no Linux
> support.

Apple makes great laptops as well.  I have an iBook 1.2 GHz running
Debian/PPC.  All the apps you would run on x86 (minus WINE) are there.

For wireless, I use D-Link DLW-122.  It's a USB wifi adapter.  Very small and
works nicely with Linux.

I hate MacOSX's interface :)  Pretty, yes.  But too limitted for what I use
the computer for.  Not a bad OS for grandparents though.  Which is why I am
eyeing this desktop myself :-)