Tom Diehl on 31 Dec 2004 05:52:04 -0000

[PLUG] Re: Tis the season for computer buying?

Ya know, if people really want answers to questions it would be real
nice if they would stop sending GPG signed messages to mailing lists.
It gains nothing and It is a PITA to quote them.

Walt asked:

On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 03:32:07PM -0500, Jason Costomiris wrote:
> Stop the presses!
>
> Apple is rumored to be announcing a $499 iMac in about 2 weeks.  It
> will be headless, includes a couple of USB 2.0 ports, 10/100 Ethernet,
> Firewire 400, and offers both VGA and DVI outputs for video.  Standard
> with 256 MB RAM and a DVD-ROM/CD-RW combo drive.
>
> The really cool rumored feature?  Built-in KVM.
>
> Even without the KVM, it's a fine price.  Give OS X a shot, and if you
> don't like it, load Linux (YDL, FedoraPPC or Gentoo).  Apparently
> Debian runs on the PPC as well, though I've never tried it myself.
> The only bummer?  The AirPort Extreme cards still have no Linux
> support.

Er, what's KVM?

It stands for Keyboard, Video, Mouse. You can use 1 kvm to control
multiple computers. Some even include switching of speakers.

Regerds,

Tom