Brett Harris on 12 Jan 2005 19:49:10 -0000

[PLUG] Looking for a good open source CRM

Hey everyone,  I haven't done a lot of posting here, nor come to any
meetings, but I have been hiding in the shadows for a good period of time
now.

I work for a small software company in the city that has been growing
dramatically, and I'm the systems manager here.  Within the past six
months I've hired someone on to my team and I'm starting to see the need
for a centralized location for people to make IT requests.  At this point
it is difficult to keep track of requests that aren't getting fulfilled
since they are comming through multiple channels.  Plus as the team grows
I would like to provide information to my boss on how our group is
performing, including data on how quickly requests are being handled and
what not.

I need a Request Managment product that is web based and requires users to
log in to make requests.  So presumably it would need 3, or more, levels
of access.  A general employee level for submitting requests, an IT tech
level, and an administrative level.  Prefferably it should use PAM
authentication so I can integrate it with our current authentication
architecture, winbind.  An integrated FAQ would be nice, but I can always
use Wiki for that.

Any ideas?
Anyone have any experience with said product?

-Brett