Dan Widyono on 26 Feb 2005 02:50:48 -0000

[PLUG] dyndns + speakeasy

Greetings,

I'm thinking of taking the plunge away from static IP in order to save money.
Plan: go from dcanet to speakeasy basic (DHCP) with dynamic dns.  Problem:
I've never done dynamic dns.  Any pointers to howto's, etc.?  I've already
read up some on dyndns and checked that zoneedit works with it.  Anyone else
use speakeasy's basic service with dyndns.org?  With zoneedit.com?  Oh, I'm
not interested in maintaining DNS myself, don't want to run BIND or any such
server at all.  I'm just interested in my own web and mail hosting.

Hopefully this will save me $24 per month.

Regards,
Dan W.

--
-- Daniel Widyono             --