Michael Lazin on 26 Feb 2005 03:44:36 -0000

Re: [PLUG] dyndns + speakeasy

I am using cavalier and I am happy with them.  I am paying $50 bucks a
month for phone, long distance and DSL.  I have a static IP and am
running web and mail servers.  I find the upload speed for cavalier to
be blazing fast.  I can easily upload at 100k.

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 21:50:44 -0500, Dan Widyono <dan@widyono.net> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm thinking of taking the plunge away from static IP in order to save money.
> Plan: go from dcanet to speakeasy basic (DHCP) with dynamic dns.  Problem:
> I've never done dynamic dns.  Any pointers to howto's, etc.?  I've already
> read up some on dyndns and checked that zoneedit works with it.  Anyone else
> use speakeasy's basic service with dyndns.org?  With zoneedit.com?  Oh, I'm
> not interested in maintaining DNS myself, don't want to run BIND or any such
> server at all.  I'm just interested in my own web and mail hosting.
>
> Hopefully this will save me $24 per month.
>
> Regards,
> Dan W.
>
> --
> -- Daniel Widyono             --
> -- www.widyono.net            --
> -- www.cis.upenn.edu/~widyono --
> --

Michael Lazin
http://lazinweb.homelinux.net
Power Mac G4 1.2ghz 768 megs RAM MacOS 10.3
Power Book G4 1.33ghz 512 megs RAM MacOS 10.3
PalmOne Treo 650 312mhz 23 megs Memory PalmOS 5.4
Sun Blade 100 500mhz 1 gig RAM Solaris 10