James Kelly on 10 Mar 2005 04:48:27 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Hardware RAID

I think where IDE got this reputation is that they are known to eat
themselves alive under heavy load (ie constant reads and writes).  This
is the kind of thing you have in a server environment, where at home you
have access only when you want to play.  Or at least this is the CW.

You bring up the interesting case of SATA though, anyone know anything
about the reliability of these drives under constant load?  Or is it
still too soon to tell?