Jeff Abrahamson on 11 Apr 2005 14:04:19 -0000

[PLUG] mozilla and plug-ins

I visited the Daily Show web site to look at a video today, but was
told I needed the plug-in application/x-mplayer2.  No problem, thought
I: I'll just indicate that the helper app for that mime type is to
save the document to disk (preferences-->helper applications).

But this doesn't change mozilla's behavior, and the file is specified
in the html in a way that makes it unclear to me how to just wget the

Any idea how to do this?  In general, I'd like to set up video/audio
plug-ins so that I can just save them and deal on my own.

 Jeff Abrahamson  <>    +1 215/837-2287