Bill Jonas on 22 Apr 2005 22:54:07 -0000

Re: [PLUG] beep produced for printf("\abeep \n");

On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 08:47:56PM -0400, sandy wrote:
>     I would appreciate this.  I do not wish to try to get a sound to
>     work  just to discover that the beep has not been correctly
>     fixed.

It works great for me on 2.6.10.  The sound card or ALSA has nothing to
do with it -- is the pcspkr module loaded?  It was broken out into a
module sometime during 2.5.

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your front door.  You step
into the Road,  and if you don't keep your feet,  there  is  no knowing
where you might be swept off to."  --  Bilbo Baggins