John Fiore on 2 Jul 2005 16:33:04 -0000

Re: [PLUG] [OT] DSL Advice

> DCAnet uses Verizon in (all?) of University City.
> I'm out of the Evergreen CO - 38th and Chestnut -
> and have had the
> DCAnet
> DSL service since it was Bell Atlantic.
>
> I am right now waiting for the upgrade to the 3.0
> meg service from
> my 1.5 M X 380 K old "InfoSpeed Pro" service
> (historically classified
> as business by DCAnet). The upgrade is scheduled for
> the 5th, and
> should "simply" be a CO change, one assumes its a
> provisioning change.

Do you know if Verizon is doing this upgrade for all
DSL customers (including those that are using Verizon
as the ISP), or is this a special deal that DCANet is
providing to its customers?  I don't see anything
advertised on DCANet or Verizon's homepage.

If I understand you right, $40/month for 3Mbps down is
a good deal especially for those of us in Philly who
won't see optical fiber for a long time.