John Von Essen on 29 Jul 2005 16:55:24 -0000

[PLUG] Jop Opp in King of Prussia...

Was just talking to an old boss, and they are having alot of difficulty
with a Linux/UNIX Admin position posting. They hire direct and dont go
through recruitors. Its a full-time position with benefits. Here are the
details:

Position: Linux/Unix Systems Admin
Company Contact: Mike McIntyre <mmcintyre@glog.com>

Requirements:

A good basic understanding of Linux/UNIX systems. Doing installs, working
with RAID, ufs/nfs/ext filesystems, adding users and groups, install third
party apps, networking (ifconfig, routing, ftp, ssh, etc.,.). Primary OS
flavor is Red Hat Enterprise 2.1 and 3.0, a few Sun boxes, and a few
Windows boxes.

1-3 years work experience is fine. No work experience (just out of
college) is also okay if we like you.

Extra Skills: (not required, but greatly appreciated)

Cisco PIX firewalls, load balancers, experience with EMC Clariions,
Veritas filesystem and volume manager, switching, knowledge of network
switching, T1, T3, DNS, and general IP security.

My opinions, since I worked at the company in the past... G-Log is a great
place to work. Our App is based on BEA WebLogic, but you dont really need
WebLogic or Java expereince. Alot of what you do can be quickly learned,
so if your quick on your feet and a good Linux/Unix person, you'll fit in
real quick. One benefit, is that at G-Log, you get to do alot of stuff.
Some large companies, if they hire a Unix Admin, you might never get the
chance to work in firewalls. At G-Log you have to opportunity to do alot
of stuff and grow your skillset.

So if anyones interested, or you know someone, have them contact Mike at
mmcintyre@glog.com.

Thanks
John