Rodney Oliver on 1 Sep 2005 00:44:09 -0000

RE: [PLUG] hard disk partitioning

Thanks for the advice,  especially about the /boot directory.  This is my
first attempt at LVM volumes on a raid array and I'm testing it out on an
old Intel workstation in my office. So, I'll just use software raid for now.
Here is another question:

The workstation I'm attempting this on has two hard drives hda and hdb.  hda
is an 80gb drive and hdb is a 115gb drive.  I created a 2gb /boot partition
on hda1, then used the rest of the free space as the RAID partition.  On hdb
I used the entire disk as my second RAID partition.  I then created a RAID 1
md0 from of both those drives.  Here is where I get lost.  When I create the
RAID1 array md0 it only shows 77564mb of space available in the md0 array.
I'm positive I included both drives in the array. Shouldn't the space be
more like (77567 + 114471)192035mb? Anyone have any thoughts?  What am I
missing

Thanks for your help!