gyoza on 9 Sep 2005 18:33:42 -0000

Re: [PLUG] debian/ubuntu: updating the kernel with apt

Art Alexion wrote:

>I had no idea "update-grub" was doing anything with the commented out
>stuff.  I guess the single comments (#) prevent grub from reading the
>lines and the double comments (##) prevent grub-update from reading.

The thing about the comments is very useful to hear about since I didn't
take the time to read the comments thoroughly.

I had an experience with Ubuntu and Grub recently.  I made a change to
the config, then, according to instructions, I ran update-grub and the
changes were undone.  So I made the changes again and did not run
update-grub and it was OK.  Hmm.