Dan Widyono on 3 Oct 2005 13:48:44 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Re: rhel problems

On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 11:34:06PM -0400, gyoza@comcast.net wrote:
> Oh, heh.  It is better to have the text anyway.

But, but, it's so **pretty**!

And you don't have to see all those scary messages that you can't read fast
enough.

I have some servers redirecting kernel to serial console during boot (had not
yet figured out, in the RedHat 7.2 days, how to make it display to *both*
serial console *and* fb during boot, and haven't bothered trying to figure it
out for RHEL yet).  Whenever it would hang during boot, I wouldn't know why
if I was using the regular console.  At least with RHGB they're smart enough
to pop back to text mode if there's an error.

Regards,
Dan W.