Erin Mulder on 10 Oct 2005 16:53:01 -0000

Re: [PLUG] New Laptop Recommendations

Lee Marzke wrote:
> The screen cover for the ThinkPad T42 is constructed of
> magnesium alloy and prevents any screen flexing.  With other laptops you
> can usually push on the back of the lid and get a worrying ripple effect
> on the LCD screen, the T43 protective case will prevent such a thing
> from happening.

Wow.  I've never noticed that before, but you're right.

I have a Thinkpad T42p with the 15", 1600x1200 screen.  It's currently
running SuSE 9.3 with no problems, and has stood up to plenty of
physical abuse.

Most of all, I just love the Thinkpad keyboard and trackpoint.  More
comfortable than any other laptop I've ever used.  The screen on the 15"
model is also quite a bit brighter than most other laptops.

Cheers,
Erin