schwepes on 18 Oct 2005 20:33:10 -0000

[PLUG] installation tango

I feel like a bleeding idiot.
I installed SUSE 7.2 for the simple reason that the Mandrake 9.2 did not
recognize the video card or more properly it decided to act wierd and
made me nostalgic for the monitors that one could adjust the horizontal
and the vertical on.  SUSE tells me my modem is configured but it
does not want to link to it and the TTY using IRQ 5 does not seem
to exist.
Also, it thinks I live in Germany and is happy to provide me with the
setups for local ISP's.
Oh, Mandrake said on the box that it handled the card in question.
a Matrox but then it didn't want to talk to the Trident either which
the box also said was compatible.
Can any one explain the old fashioned way of making devices work?
I found I like the PICO utility as it is similar to the editor that
I use on my e-mail.
Also, it does not want to believe that the floppy drives exist.  It
tells me bald face that the fd0 is not in fstab when I can bring up
fstab and see it glaring at me.
bs