mmalten on 3 Nov 2005 16:33:13 -0000

[PLUG] OT? Costs of set-up and ownership, dedicated server

This is probably OT, but I'm a Linuxer at home, and this question has to do with a business application:

Where I work, we're interested in setting up a high-availability server for our department.  This would handle web, email, and information for research or patient care.  We'd also need to hire a full-time person to maintain this for us.

What I need are estimates on cost of hardware, bandwidth, and the salary expectations of the dedicated IT person.

Anyone got figures to share?

As ever, thanks in advance.

Mitch