Jason Nocks on 4 Nov 2005 00:14:37 -0000

[PLUG] OSDW and Linspire

There was some discussion at the meeting last night about distributions.
Personally, I use kubuntu. I did mention that Linspire seems to be getting
better at trying to work with the community.

Linspire hosted the "Open Source Desktop Workshops" conference in San Diego at
their facility (see http://www.osdw.org). I was pleasantly surprised at how
interested the folks from Linspire seemed at working with the community,
hosting a post-even KDE hack-session, etc. One of the Linspire executives
even attended part of the KDE hack-session just to see what it was like, etc.

Last night someone else mentioned that Linspire's Click-N-Run disables
software after you stop paying for the service. I don't have any experience
with this. Has anyone on this list actually tried Linspire's distribution
and/or Click-N-Run? I may also post a question to one or more of the folks at
Linspire to get a response, but I'd be interested in any experience from an
actual user.

Cheers,
Jason Nocks