Jason Nocks on 8 Nov 2005 19:23:26 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Linspire and Click-N-Run

I mentioned at the PLUG meeting last week that I would talk to a couple of
folks from Linspire about the issue of Click-N-Run disabling already
installed software. Tom Welch from Linspire sent me the following message:

"CNR does not in any way disable any software that you have installed with the
exception of service based software such as SurfSafe
<http://www.linspire.com/surf_safe_info.php> or VirusSafe
<http://www.linspire.com/products_virussafe_whatis.php>.  In SurfSafe, if you
do not renew your subscription, the filtering 'service' no longer works.  In
VirusSafe, if you stop paying for the service, you no longer get updates to
new viruses but the scanning still works fine.

To reiterate, any software that you install on your system is yours to
keep.  The only thing that CNR does is make it easy to install, update
or remove software."

Tom also added the following:
"I may mention also that CNR has never disabled software."

Cheers,
Jason Nocks