Jason Nocks on 8 Nov 2005 19:06:21 -0000

[PLUG] OT: SourceXtreme - A Qt Customer Success Story

First, my apologies for the shameless self-promotion. I wanted to share some
good news with the group.  It involves making an application run under Linux,
and I sometimes get involved with PLUG, so I hope people don't mind sharing
this news here.

SourceXtreme is a company Ian Geiser and I started in Exton, PA. One of our
primary goals as a company is to help businesses that want to work with a
Linux desktop environment.

SourceXtreme is currently the subject of a recent success story published by
Trolltech (currently front page news at http://www.trolltech.com/). This
story centers on a project we did porting a Windows GUI application from the
Microsoft Foundation Class library to the Qt toolkit, so that it would work
under Linux (also allowing our customer to support their existing Windows
customers).

The story also mentions how the port "reduced maintainable GUI code by an
astonishing 70 percent." The full story is at:
http://www.trolltech.com/success/sourcextreme.html

If you are not familiar with Trolltech, they are the company that puts out the
Qt Toolkit that KDE is based on. Trolltech is based in Norway.

Again, my apologies for the shameless self-promotion.

Cheers,
Jason Nocks

Bliki:
http://wiki.sourcextreme.org/index.php/Bliki:Jason