Thomas A. Lowery on 10 Nov 2005 03:51:27 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Re: comcast smtp forwarding

tek@undergroundinfection.net wrote:
Hummmmm, this is interesting. Are you a Comcast customer or are you trying
to send mail to a Comcast customer? Your ip address seems to indicate you
are a Comcast customer

I'm a comcast customer trying to send to another comcast customer but via my own mail server not theirs. Since I'm on the same network though it only allows it through the one smpt address. Once i added the address into my newly created smtproutes file, as suggested, it ceased to be an issue.
Just a word of caution. Comcast only allows so many email messages to be sent in certain time period. Exceeding the limit gets smtp traffic blocked. The tech support people are very helpful on getting the block removed; you have to email a special address ;-)