George Gallen on 22 Nov 2005 15:16:50 -0000

RE: [PLUG] inexpensive wireless bridge (without using a PC)

Last night I upgraded the firmware of the WAP54g to the latest software,
  at least the latest available on the linksys website.

I'm confused on setting up the routing/subnetting.

My wireless router (Dlink) is 192.168.0.1/255.255.255.0 and has the internet connection.

What would I set the WAP54g mode/IP to assuming the ethernet connection on
   the back is hooked directly to a PC. That PC uses DHCP for IP assignment
   (although for testing, I can always hardcode the address).

My problem is what do I set as the gateway address for the WAP, I tried leaving it
   blank, but it wouldn't allow that. Do I use the 192.168.0.1 (router address),
   and the gateway address for the PC, would that be the IP of the WAP? but DHCP
   would normally set that, so I'm not sure.

Is it possible for the DHCP request from the PC to sent to the Dlink router
   for an IP assignment?

Or should I just give up with this, and shell out for a WEP (which might have
   the same problem of not playing nice with a non-linksys).

George