Toby DiPasquale on 2 Dec 2005 00:18:08 -0000

Re: [PLUG] New Linux Machines and cloning?

On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 04:53:36PM -0500, Alexander Birch wrote:
> What Distribution of Linux? If it's debian, I would recommend:
> http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/
>
> This will help with reimaging computers in the future, you just have to put in
> a floppy.

FAI doesn't do software RAID with *significant* modifications. Once you
make those modifications, though, FAI is bangin'. For RedHat-based
installations, you can use Anaconda/Kickstart, which does do software RAID
out of the box. (RAID 0 or 1)

--
Toby DiPasquale