Dan Widyono on 6 Dec 2005 20:29:36 -0000

Re: [PLUG] New Linux Machines and cloning?

> Copy 200 GB drives regularly and it will crop up.

Seconded.  Freaked me out the first time an immediate second rsync showed
changes on a quiescent filesystem.  I rsync'ed two more times (with no new
changes) just to calm myself :)  This was with 1.5TB of data.

This may be overkill for original poster, but if you're gonna be doing this
even once a quarter, look into e.g. System Installer Suite.  Network booting,
imaging, etc. using custom kernel to format disks and rsync entire image,
scripted to perform individual tweaks for e.g. IP address and hostname.

Dan W.