Jeff Abrahamson on 20 Jan 2006 13:32:01 -0000

[PLUG] procmail and matching on split lines

I have a procmail rule that guarantees I don't miss mailman notices
that I have to approve:

    :0:
    * ^Subject: .*post.*requires approval
    /var/mail/$LOGNAME

It turns out that a very long email address can foil this:

    Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 00:12:19 -0500
    From: cs260-200502-owner@cs.drexel.edu
    Subject: Cs260-200502 post from xxxxx.yyyyy.zzzzzzzz@drexel.edu requires
	    approval
    To: cs260-200502-owner@cs.drexel.edu

I didn't realize subject lines could contain hard breaks.  I'm not
sure how to match this without matching anything containing "post" and
"requires".  Indeed, an even longer email address could push
"requires" to the next line, and I'm not clear how to match that.

I think this would work, but feels overly broad:

    :0:
    * ^Subject: .*post
    * ^.*requires
    * ^.*approval$