Ronald Kaye Jr on 10 Feb 2006 21:08:51 -0000

[PLUG] distro choice

Suppose you were teaching a linux class to networking students.

you want to give your students exposure to 4 or 5 at most
distros. job marketability and installed base are of primary importance.

1) what criteria would you use to make this decision?

2) what would your current choices be ( i will start with fedora core and suse)

3) is there central location for a list of distros and hardware requirements?
(we may want to look into distros for our old, hardware challenged equipment,
like my old ibm p2 200-400 MHz PCs)

Thank you in advance for your insights.

Ron Kaye