Benjamin Krein on 3 Mar 2006 13:58:20 -0000

Re: [PLUG] [OT] Comcast RBL

You don't have to pretend. If you are relaying from a computer on their network using your username/password it will relay your mail just fine. I did this for a couple years with my own Postfix box on Comcast. In Postfix you can set the domain for the outgoing headers so that it *appears* that all mail is coming from your domain. If someone looks more closely at the headers/email source it will be obvious that it's coming from a Comcast SMTP server, but that's pretty irrelevant usually.

Benjamin Krein
www.superk.org