Paul L. Snyder on 6 Mar 2006 20:28:32 -0000

[PLUG] PLUG West: Linuxbiernacht pre-announcement

It looks like we have enough people interested to get a western suburbs
Linux meeting off the ground.  Woo!  Survey results were not definitive,
but it looks like Monday, March 20 at 7:00pm is as good a time as any
for an initial get-together.

I'd like for this group to consider itself as part of PLUG and the broader
Philadelphia Linux community, so I suggest that we call these meetings
"PLUG West".  In general, this should be a forum for folks in the 'burbs
who might find it difficult to make it to a meeting in the city, (and for
folks in the city who can't get enough Linux with a single PLUG meeting
per month).

The first event will be a Linuxbiernacht: everyone who's interested will
gather at a local brewpub, where we'll talk tech and enjoy tasty, tasty
beer.  Proposed agenda:

  * Introductions
  * Beer
  * Discuss future meeting topics, location, and frequency
  * General brouhaha

We do need to select a forum.  Our choices:

  A) The Drafting Room, on Route 100 north of Exton.  More upscale, may
     have space issues?

     http://draftingroom.com/exton/ex_home.html

  B) Victory Brewing Company, on Acorn Lane in Downingtown.  Relatively
     informal environment.

     http://www.victorybeer.com/

In either case, we'll need to contact the restaurant to make sure that
it's okay for us to meet there.

Paul