Mike Ciul on 29 Mar 2006 17:10:43 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Procmail problem? yahoo groups bounce

They should be attached. Sometimes I have problems with attachments in
pine (that's another issue) so let me know if they don't come through
right.

I'm not sure if it's really a procmail problem - I don't have any
explicit settings to bounce messages with too many hops (and I'm not
sure what that means exactly - explanations are welcome).

Thanks for the help.

- Mikee

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006, Michael C. Toren wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 11:46:46AM -0500, Mike Ciul wrote:
> > I will post my procmailrcs if you like.
>
> It's very hard to help you otherwise.

For most of human history people only worked for two or three hours
per day. As we moved from agriculture to industrialization, work hours
increased, creating standards that label a person lazy if he or she
doesn't work a forty-hour week.

 - Dr. Frithjof Bergmann, quoted in "From Joblessness to Liberation",
Green Light News, Vol. 1, No. 1, 1984, p. 19.
#### Begin Variables section ####

# It is essential that you set SHELL to a Bourne-type shell if
# external commands are run from your procmailrc, for example if
# you use rc.spamassassin, rc.quarantine, or other advanced recipes.
# Setting SHELL should not be needed for the simple sorting recipes in
# this step-by-step section, but to be safe and to future proof your
# procmailrc, set it anyway! Details are in Check Your $SHELL and $PATH.
SHELL=/bin/sh

# Directory for storing procmail configuration and log files
# You can name this variable anything you like, for
# example PROCMAILDIR or don't set it (but then don't refer to it!)
PMDIR=$HOME/Procmail

# LOGFILE should be specified ASAP so everything below it is logged
# Put ## before LOGFILE if you want no logging (not recommended)
LOGFILE=$PMDIR/pmlog

# To insert a blank line between each message's log entry,
# uncomment next two lines (this is helpful for debugging)
## LOG="
## "

# Set to yes when debugging; VERBOSE default is no
## VERBOSE=yes

# Replace $HOME/Msgs with the directory where your personal (non-system-spool) mailboxes reside
# Mutt and elm use $HOME/Mail
# Pine uses $HOME/mail
# Netscape Messenger uses $HOME/nsmail
# Some NNTP clients, such as slrn & nn, use $HOME/News
# Mailboxes in maildir format or served by Courier IMAP are often in $HOME/Maildir
# Mailboxes served by UW IMAP are sometimes in $HOME
MAILDIR=$HOME       # This directory must exist & be writable by your LOGNAME!
                    # On most systems, your $MAILDIR is a subdirectory of $HOME
# IMPORTANT: Upon reading a line that begins with MAILDIR=
#            Procmail does a chdir to $MAILDIR and
#            relative paths are relative to $MAILDIR

#### End Variables section; Begin Processing section ####

# INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.testing
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.subscriptions
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.blacklist
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.pym-whitezone
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.whitelists
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.spam
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.pym-greyzone

# If it falls through all these, assume it's spam
:0:
mail/IN-unknown

# Messages that fall through all your procmail recipes are delivered
# to your default INBOX. To find out yours, see step 2 above.

#### End Processing section ####
# Yahoo Groups

:0:
* ^TO_mikes_freecycle@eyeballsun.org
mail/IN-freecycle

:0:

# PLUG

:0:
* ^Subject:.*\[PLUG\]
mail/IN-plug

# Jobs
:0:
* ^TO_mikeciul@eyeballsun.org
mail/IN-jobs

# XArchon

:0:
* ^TO_xarchon-l-approval@seul.org
mail/IN-xarchon-admin

:0:
* ^TO_owner-xarchon-l-outgoing@seul.org
mail/IN-xarchon-admin

:0:
* ^TO_xarchon-l@seul.org
mail/IN-xarchon

# Counterrecruitment

:0:
mail/IN-stoppingwar

# Events

:0:
* ^TO_one-two-free@googlegroups.com
mail/IN-one-two-free

:0:
* ^TO_a-space@lists.riseup.net
mail/IN-events

:0:
mail/IN-events

:0:
* ^TO_.*@gypsyboots.org
mail/IN-events

:0:
* ^TO_r5productions@lists1.safesecureweb.com
mail/IN-events

:0:
* ^From: (.+<)?eat@abbracciorestaurant.com
mail/IN-events

:0:
* ^From: mailman-owner@broadside.org
mail/IN-events

:0:
* ^TO_Philly_Ambient@yahoogroups.com
mail/IN-events

:0:
* ^Sender: Philly_Ambient@yahoogroups.com
mail/IN-events

# Choir list
:0:
* ^TO_choir@list.dodson.org
${DEFAULT}

# "My Baby This Week" mailings
:0:
* ^TO_baby@eyeballsun.org
${DEFAULT}

# Bulk mail sent to webmanagers

# National Council of Churches
:0:
* ^List-Owner:.*owner-churchnet@list1.ncccusa.org
mail/IN-pym-lists

ADDRESSBOOKS=$PMDIR/addressbooks
EGREP='/usr/bin/egrep -i'
# PYM

# In PYM address book from Thunderbird

:0:
# Save the senders address
* ^From:.*\/[-a-zA-Z0-9_.]+@[a-z0-9\.]+

# Check it against the address book (PYM)
* ? $EGREP "$MATCH" $ADDRESSBOOKS/pym
mail/IN-pym

# In the Pine address book for PYM

:0:
* ^From:.*\/[-a-zA-Z0-9_.]+@[a-z0-9\.]+
* ? $EGREP "$MATCH" $ADDRESSBOOKS/pine-pym
mail/IN-pym

# Personal

# In the general Thunderbird address book

:0:
* ^From:.*\/[-a-zA-Z0-9_.]+@[a-z0-9\.]+
* ? $EGREP "$MATCH" $ADDRESSBOOKS/personal
${DEFAULT}

# In the Pine address book

:0:
* ^From:.*\/[-a-zA-Z0-9_.]+@[a-z0-9\.]+
* ? $EGREP "$MATCH" $ADDRESSBOOKS/pine
${DEFAULT}

# Mike Benedetti's subdomain keeps changing
# [same for everyone from caltech]

:0:
* ^From:.*(benedett|geoff)@[^.]+\.ugcs\.caltech\.edu
${DEFAULT}
# Blacklist

:0:
# Save the senders address
* ^From:.*\/[-a-zA-Z0-9_.]+@[a-z0-9\.]+

# Check it against the address book
* ? /usr/bin/egrep -i "$MATCH" $PMDIR/blacklist
mail/Trash

# Black hole
# for when I don't even want to know I got anything...
:0:
* ^From:.*\/[-a-zA-Z0-9_.]+@[a-z0-9\.]+

* ? /usr/bin/egrep -i "$MATCH" $PMDIR/blackhole
/dev/null

# PYM Greyzone - things that should get delivered to pym boxes if they're ok.
# Processed after spam, since a lot of this is very spammy.

# Sent to the webmanagers at PYM address, but not in any address book.

:0:
* ^TO_webmanagers@pym.org
mail/IN-pym-webmanagers

# Sent to my pym address

:0:
* ^TO_webhelp-mike@pym.org
mail/IN-pym

# Sent from a PYM address

:0:
* ^From:.*@pym.org
mail/IN-pym

SUBJECT=`formail -xSubject:`

# NAI spam detector used by Critpath and SpamAssasin used by Klatha

:0:
* ^X-(NAI-)?Spam-Level: \/\*+
| formail -i "Subject: _${MATCH}_ $SUBJECT" >>mail/Junk

# SEUL uses NAI, but doesn't supply all the same helpful headers.

:0:
* ^Subject: \[possible spam\]\/.*
| formail -i "Subject: _***ps_ ${MATCH}" >>mail/Junk

# Another SEUL header:

:0:
* ^Subject: \*\*\*\*Possible Phish\*\*\*\*
mail/Junk