Claude M. Schrader on 30 Mar 2006 15:18:32 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Procmail problem? yahoo groups bounce

On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 12:10:19PM -0500, Mike Ciul wrote:
> I'm not sure if it's really a procmail problem - I don't have any
> explicit settings to bounce messages with too many hops (and I'm not
> sure what that means exactly - explanations are welcome).
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> - Mikee

The too many hops message is usually a mail loop - for example, 2 misconfigured mail
servers or scripts forwarding mail to each other. If your procmail script is
forwarding mail to another address somewhere, you might want to look into
this.
Claude