Mark M. Hoffman on 12 Apr 2006 03:33:43 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Linux Serial console

Hi Andrew:

* Andrew Libby <andrew.libby@gmail.com> [2006-04-10 10:54:17 -0400]:
> The topic of sparc keyboard vs serial console got me to thinking about
> Linux serial consoles.  What's the preferred approach to do this?  I'd
> like to
> have a serial console available on several linux machines, is this an easy
> thing to accomplish?  Ideally we'd even have bios access (is this possible).

Since no one mentioned it... everything (except BIOS access) you need is in
this doc[1].  IMO it's one of the best HOWTOs out there on any topic.

[1] http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Remote-Serial-Console-HOWTO/

Regards,

--
Mark M. Hoffman