Paul L. Snyder on 18 Apr 2006 16:03:15 -0000

[PLUG] PLUG West event ideas

What do folks think about planning to do lightning talks for the July
PLUG West meeting?  These are five (or ten) minute presentations by a
series of different presenters...time is strictly limited, and you are
gonged out if you go over time.  They're a great way to start speaking
if you're a little hesitant to volunteer for a full 45-60 minute talk,
and you can pick any topic.  I'd like to see if we can get somewhere
between eight and eleven five-minute presentations lined up.  What are
you working on, simple or complex?  Let us know!

It has been ages since PLUG has done an installfest.  What do people think
about an putting one together for sometime in the autumn?  This would be
in addition to the regular meeting, probably on a weekend day.  We'd need
to find a suitable, easily accessible venue with good connectivity, perhaps
a public library or school?

Actually, an installfest would be good for either the city or Chester
County.

Paul