sean finney on 26 Apr 2006 12:14:00 -0000

Re: [PLUG] firewire errors (non-fatal)

On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 08:35:00AM +0100, Stephen Gran wrote:
> It's another way of doing it.  I am not sure if it will work, but it's
> worth a shot.  No reboot necessary, just run sysctl, and rmmod and
> modprobe again.  I am a little confused as to why the first way didn't
> get it right - modules.conf is supposed to be honored by modprobe, and
> if it's not, that's decidedly odd.

is this perhaps a 2.6/modutils based system?  that is, does there
also exist an /etc/modprobe.d directory?  if so then doing something
like

echo options foomodule foo=bar >> /etc/modprobe.conf

might solve your problem after the next rmmod/modprobe.

	sean