Art Alexion on 24 May 2006 18:19:19 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Re: Changing DSL setup

On Wednesday 24 May 2006 14:08, gyoza@comcast.net wrote:
> Note the settings that DHCP issues, then go back later, if you wish, and
> configure your clients with static addresses.

I didn't realize it might be that easy.  If I just switch /etc/hosts IP
addresses to the addresses assigned by the gateway, local traffic will use
the gateway instead of the hub, then I can just unplug the hub?

Once this is up and running, is there any reason (other than freeing slots) to
remove the second NIC from each machine?

Art Alexion
Arthur S. Alexion LLC

alarm.
Info @