Aaron Crosman on 5 Jul 2006 14:39:41 -0000

[PLUG] Debian Networking

I'm trying to sort out a networking problem, and I can't seem to find
the right combination of search terms to get me anything helpful.

For some reason the network interface does not come up on boot.  Once
the server is up a simple ifup eth0 will do the trick, but for some
reason it's not there on boot.  I've been over all the basic advice
(that starting with something like "Usually this problem is..."), but
it's gotten me no where.  So I'm looking for a suggestion about where to
look when it's NOT the usual problem (most people seem to think that the
/network/interfaces file is missing/wrong).

Aaron