Mike Leone on 26 Aug 2006 04:09:04 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Using distribution lists in abook with mutt

Eric wrote:
Back when I used Mutt (having devolved to KMail) I edited my .mutt-alias file
to include items like this:

alias DEBATE <debater1@yahoo.com>, <debater2@comcast.net>, <debater3@hotmail.com>, etc

and it worked like a charm. Have you tried this?

Yep. Doesn't work for outgoing. No alias does, actually, that I can see. mutt just seems to hand it off to the MTA with the alias name (no replacement of DEBATE with the addresses, to use your example). It tries to send it out as "DaGuys@localhost".

Eric