Dan Widyono on 26 Aug 2006 12:47:16 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Using distribution lists in abook with mutt

> Yep. Doesn't work for outgoing. No alias does, actually, that I can see.
> mutt just seems to hand it off to the MTA with the alias name (no
> replacement of DEBATE with the addresses, to use your example). It tries
> to send it out as "DaGuys@localhost".

That sounds like it's not interpreting the aliases correctly (or at all?).  I
use alias groups that way as well to fine success.

Group aliases can not have extraneous stuff in them like full names or a
group name in parentheses:

	alias him him@gmail.com (Him Self)
	alias her her@gmail.com (Her Self)
	alias them him,her

That works for me (well, substitute real e-mail addresses of course) :)

Dan W.