Randy Schmidt on 22 Sep 2006 15:08:58 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Ubuntu + RAID5

I was able to create a reiserfs filesystem on it by leaving it
overnight, and like someone said, it took forever to mount, but it's
there. Is there any downside to keeping reiserfs? I read a little
about it and apparently it's not as good if the system crashes? The
journaling isn't there or isn't as good?

Thanks much!
Randy

On 9/22/06, TuskenTower <tuskentower@gmail.com> wrote:
On 9/21/06, Randy Schmidt <x@altorg.com> wrote:
> I'm wondering if I am building the driver correctly. Here is the part
> of the instructions I had a hard time following and tried a few things
> until the driver compiled:

It looks like you followed the instructions correctly.

See if you installed your driver into your running kernel's modules directory.
find /lib/modules/`uname -r` -name \*hpt374\* -ls
(I escaped my wildcards)

HTH
Amul

Randy Schmidt